Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dance! Monkey! Dance! Fantastic Planet Rock and a Review of the new JewMo Hilltop

fan plan-7993

Fantastic Planet is VA's best non stop party machines! My first FanPLan show was at the old Jewish Mother at the oceanfront. It was wild, I had never heard such strong DJs locally. Normally I have to scour the internet for mixtapes to get my fix of hard rocking beat matching and b sides, so it was a comfort to just sit back and let them perform. They also threw the best New Years party at the NorVa to ring in 2011.

fan plan-8057

Flufftronix brought an incredible sound to the area. Hailing from Philadelphia, we got a special treat in Hampton Roads. I am still hesitant to really embrace dubstep and the wubwubwubwub dirty crunch, but when his version of Legend of Zelda came on, I lost my mind. I rushed the stage with camera and wife in tow screaming HYRULE! at the top of my lungs.

fan plan-7929

fan plan-7967

fan plan-8021

This was my first show at the new Jewish Mother Hilltop and it is no joke, they redid everything. It used to be a sad sad building, but now is wonderfully done up to handle any show of any size. I'm really excited to see a wide range of music there. The sound system is banging and the lights can create any mood they need. There's a cool outdoor patio now, with a lovely view of the K-mart parking lot. There's multiple bars with a raised platform of booths and tables for people who just want to chill. I will miss the old JewMo simply for the memories, but I am glad that they built a new home because "Home is Where the Shows Are."



2 comments:

  1. Nice work buddy! I dig the lighting the performance photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOME IS WHERE THE SHOWS ARE

    AND WHERE YOUR HEART IS, YOUR TREASURE'S THERE ALSO

    ReplyDelete